Thursday, March 12, 2009

UGLI FRUIT is cool


Ok, so I got this Ugli fruit... it is actually a combination of a grapefruit and a tangerine which grows wild in Jamaica. When I got it from the store it was pretty green, so I put it in a brown paper bag and stuck it in the cupboard for a few days. I was too excited to try it and I think I took it out early... next time I'll let it ripen a bit more so that it turns more yellow but it was still pretty good. The taste of it was not as tart as a grapefruit and not as sweet as a tangerine, so, it was a nice combination of flavors and the "meat" of it was really satisfying and juicy.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with it to get inside the skin... so I hacked off one end that was kind of tough, and then peeled it like an orange. Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but it worked. It was nice to share as a snack since it is kind of big... here's some pics.




Enjoy an Ugli fruit they are kind of awesome, big kiss xxtbone

No comments:

Post a Comment